Monday, January 18, 2010

DCWV Green layout

I really like the Green papers from the DCWV paper pack. I had also gotten some of them individually and loaded them in the store. These are great for hikes, outdoors, nature, pets etc.

This one I tried something different and challenging to me. I am not a great user of cardstock. However, I wanted a slight embossed textured background and thought I would try Core'dinations Paprika and my new swiss dot cuttlebug embossing plate. Not only was the cardstock background a challenge the open space in and around the layout I am NOT used too.




As some of you may know Cuttlebug embossing plates are small. I wanted the whole 12 x 12 embossed, so I laid it under and rubbed over with a metal ruler. I am thinking a sanding block would also work well. I just moved it around until the entire background was embossed. I then did cut work and used two sheets of the Green Collection The Bears. I did stitch with the machine in 3 of the clouds. I kept the pressure foot up, stitch length 2.8 and went slowly, pivoting alot. I use alot of dimensional foam adhesive and like to pop things up, I even double layer the foam tape for height. Below is the supplies I used.

Supplies:
*DCWV paper and chipboard elements
*Cuttlebug embossing plate Swiss dot
*Thermoweb Sticky strips
*Stabilo brown pen
*Bo Bunny Flutter Brads
*SEI Bridgeport Brads
*MME Garden Party buttons
*Making Memories 5th Avenue buttons
*Distress stickles Orange marmalade (used inside of some buttons for accent & smudge over alphas)
*Basic Grey Offbeat Chipboard alpha
*
Pin It!

1 comment:

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Great idea Kristen. Great lo!