Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Iris Folding as an embellishment- fun and easy

I just did this layout this morning after I did a technique sample for the forum.
Iris folding looks alot more difficult than it is. It took me about 20 minutes start to finish for the strawberry below, and about the same amount of time for the wings and heart on the layout I did this morning.




I think everyone should try this, very nice way to add dimension and a little pizzazz to a card or layout. I found a great book called iris Folded Greeting Cards by Michelle Powell and it even shows a specific way to do iris folding for photos!!

I finally picked up some buttons and ultra suede to finish the faux button look on the pillow I crocheted Kendall quite a few posts back, and I hope to finish that in the next couple of weeks. OH, and I picked up some very pretty fabric to make a new ironing board cover.

I know you can buy them, but I like to have my OWN choice of fabric, and I think you all would love to see how easy it is to make one for yourself. You do need a sewing machine, but only one that will straight stitch and zig zag. I will hopefully work on this in the next week and post for you all to see.

Oh I am soo excited the Cosmo Cricket products just arrived this morning, I am SOOO wanting to dive in, but I must complete the other loading of products like Bambino and the wonder years from Daisy D's and the Cherry Arte goodies- YUMMY ladies.

I sure would like to see you all try this iris folding technique. I think I would like to give a RAK for a drawing. SO ladies this week try doing the iris folding technique and post a comment with the thread to your photo with it. If you need to know how to do it click here to see the instructions. Thank you!! Good luck , looking forward to seeing your creations!!

Pin It!

5 comments:

Melonie said...

I will be stalking the store for sure! Love that Strawberry! Hope you are having a great week.

TanishaRenee said...

OooOOooh, what a fab technique! Looks great!

Michele Kovack said...

LOVE this LO! The folding is really cool! Love the strawberry!

Mandy said...

What a creative layout! Love that scallop...and the strawberry!

StaceyM said...

Hey can you sew two ironing board covers?!?! One for you and one for me!?!?! LOL I really need a new one! Can't wait to see it.

Love the iris folding and as soon as my crazy crazy life settles down I want to try and see what I can come up with. You make it look so simple and easy.